412 N Whitehorse Pike
Stratford, NJ 08084
1. Remove bandage after at least one hour. DO NOT re-bandage.
Gently wash with warm soapy water 3 times daily. We suggest Dial.
Please use your hands and DO NOT us a wash cloth or loofah. Pat Dry.
DO NOT rub with a towel.
2. After drying, apply ointment to your tattoo. We recommend AquaPhor, Tattoo Goo or Vitamin A&D ointment.
Tattoo Goo: Apply a thin layer 3-4x daily for 7-10 days or until the skin returns to normal.
AquaPhor & Vitamin A&D: Apply a very thin layer (VERY thin--you do not want your tattoo to appear shiny or greasy) 3x daily for 2-3 days. Once the skin is dry/flaking, switch to a fragrance & dye free lotion. Apply lotion as often as possible. We recommend Eurcerin or Lubriderm.
*These products are suggestions from the artists, but please check the ingredients for any allergen you may be susceptible to.
IF YOUR ARTIST APPLIES SANIDERM WRAP ON YOUR TATTOO:
1. Leave bandage on for 3-5 days. This is waterproof so you may shower, just do not submerge in water (pools, tub, etc).
2. Once you remove wrap, clean the tattoo and apply non-scented lotion as needed when dry.
* DO NOT SCRATCH, RUB or PICK AT ANY SCABS. Doing so can remove some of the pigment leading to your tattoo missing spots of color.
* DO NOT SOAK YOUR TATTOO EXCESSIVELY (this means swimming in pools, hot tubs & taking baths). Getting your tattoo wet in the shower is fine but avoid submerging your tattoo under water for 2 weeks.
Once your tattoo is completely healed, always use sunblock with
SPF-30 or higher when your tattoo is exposed to the sun for long periods of time. This will help prevent your tattoo from fading.
If you have any further questions on your healing process, call the shop & we can walk you through it.